Thursday, June 23, 2011

Road trip north of Dakar to Lac Rose, les dunes et la Grande Cote.










I love road trips in Africa. I love being in Africa! Is it ok to say that if I've only been to three African countries...probably not! I love watching the villages and people and sights we pass by and never tire of keeping my eyes peeled for more beauty and busy activity. Respite from the hustle and bustle of Dakar was a night and a couple of days staying by le lac rose sur la grande cote au nord de Dakar. Tranquility, beauty and pastoral serenity. And a/c in our circular traditional Senegalese huts to boot. Not that I used it at night it was so fresh and cool. Came here just for a day with Laura last year and fell in love with the place as a destination for my students. They all loved it, the pink lake and the salt harvesting, the huge beautiful sea and dunes and the miles long, wide beach. When we all had some free time I wandered around the campement and spent some time with some absolutely charming, hard-working, salt of the earth ('scuse the pun) farmers (pictured above.)


I am posting photos and student journal blogs on:




No comments:

Post a Comment